What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle & Mixture Cable dust shields?

N2756C

Does anyone know where to purchase replacement dust shields for throttle and mixture control cables?

The dust shields cover and protect the intersections where cable segments meet. There are two on most of the Van's cables. I've noticed they turn brittle from heat over time and crack.

I can't find a replacement source and it doesn't look like the cable manufacturers sell them individually. Does anyone have a source for replacing these?

Thanks,

Robert

I remember getting a couple at Spruce once. They were a different color, but otherwise fine.

You can get them from Aricraft Spruce. Here are their part numbers

05-02633 Grommet - Large
05-02634 Grommet - Small

Yep, they call 'em grommets.....even though they aren't what I think of as a grommet....but these are what you need.

Try working in some Dow Corning #4 (same stuff recommended for oil filter installation) on them before installation. Should help prolong their life by at a couple of years. This stuff also works very well on automobile rubber door, window and hood seals. Keeps them from drying out and cracking.

Spruce better stock up

I have been looking for a place for these as well. Just ordered a few. Of coarse the hardest part was that I can't just order one $2.95 part from Spruce. Spent an hour looking through the website for what else I can get. Ended up with over $100 order for a $2.95 part. (I got to get my monies worth on shipping)

Back