What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle-carb installation

woodsideraff

Well Known Member
Figure 1 on page 50-05 shows CT-00101 attached to the cable. I either lost this part or never received it.

Can anyone tell me what's the function of this part? It looks like it is some kind of stop for the cable.

Thanks,

RL

The throttle cable stops prevent the pilot from pulling the cable too far aft and bending carburetor parts.
Joe Gores

Me neither

My cables came without the CT-00101 attached too. Is this common? Am I going to have to buy them from McFarlane?

My cables came without the CT-00101 attached too. Is this common? Am I going to have to buy them from McFarlane?
I just got the airplane flying and, believe me, you need these stops. The springs work against you when reducing power to idle and it's hard to know when one is pulling too hard on the throttle. Without these stops, you are likely to damage the carb control.

A call to Vans got mine quickly in my hands. Can't remember if I paid for them or not. At any rate, the cost is rather insignificant.

Best wishes,

Rafael

Not absolutely sure, but I don't think they are shipped attached to the cables. They are typically in a small plastic bag inside of the package the control cable comes in.

I think they are useless. I have them, but a better way to protect you carburetor throttle arms and cables is to just make it a rule that you use your finger extension to close the throttle as opposed to pulling on the throttle with your whole arm.

Back