What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle cable help please

rv6ehguy

Well Known Member
Patron
Hello Fellow RV builders. I would be in Oshkosh today if it wasn’t for this pandemic. Stupid pandemic.
I need a little help choosing my throttle cable for my RV6A with an IO-375 engine. I have installed the new improved landing gear / engine mount and as a result, Van’s Stock 50.5” cable is short by 2.5” because of routing around the shock absorbing pucks. I can order a special order Van’s throttle from ACS where I can decide on the length of the cable and a stroke of 2.25” for $276.95(CDN), part number A-1760 Van’s RV cable or I can order the A-1760 vernier control for $156.75(CDN). This cable has a selectable length of 60” and a set stroke of 3.375”. Why would I pay an extra $120 for a shorter 1.125” stroke and a slightly longer cable which I could easily reroute to fit in my build? Am I missing something obvious here. Thanks for your time.
John Van Lieshout
RV6A+ 85%
AeroSport Power IO-375 M1S (195hp)
Garmin 2 screen G3X touch suite

Having had to replace more than one of Van's quadrant cables, I would strongly recommend you consider getting a proper McFarlane aircraft cable. You can order what ever length you want. Yes, they are $350, but they are glass-smooth and will last the life of your airplane. You will never have to do the miserable job of having to replace one at 500 hrs.

-full disclosure, I have no relationship with McFarlane other than being REALLY happy with their throttle and mixture cables.

Back