What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle and mixture brackets and linkage

Im building an RV7a and have an AeroSport IO 360 with superior cold air sump, horizontal induction, Silverhawk fuel injection. I just installed vettermans crossover exhaust but am not seeing much similarity to Vans FF kit in terms of bracket and linkage installation for the mixture and throttle controls. I want to use the Vans linkage but doesnt appear to align with any predrilled holes in the sump for the brackets. Im not even sure the linkage system will work. Does anyone have some photos of this or similar system. Thanx

Last edited:
brackets

From what I understand the brackets in Vans FWF kit won't fit anything but a Lycoming ( that is, without modification). It was a while back, but I made one from scratch and the other was modified from the FWF kit bracket. I had to modify the prop governor bracket too.

Vetterman also needed a specific engine description to provide the correct exhaust system. BTW, Larry Vetterman makes good stuff. I couldn't be happier with my exhaust system.

My setup is similar to yours except I have the AFP throttle body. I couldn't use the Vetterman Crossover exhaust, so I went with the 4-pipe system which leaves room right up the centerline of the sump for cables. I'll pretty much be copying hydroguy's setup.

Back