What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Three questions for Stein

LIMA HOTEL

In your "READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING AVIONICS" sheet that came with the Garmin equipment, switch panel,& and harnesses, item no.4 states that the transponder (GTX 327) is already configured to communicate with the other avionics. Did you also set up the Automated Airborne Determination so that the xpdr goes from standby to ALT at liftoff and returns to STBY when back on the ground? Also how is the flight timer set up; is it set for MANUAL, ACCUMULATE, or CLEAR? The pilot guide, which is all that came with my unit, (no installation or set up guide) states that these items are "dependent upon installation configuration". Should I have received an installation guide so that I can configure these myself? These are really useful items that I intend to use.
Thanks,
Larry

I'll do the best I can here.

1) Regarding the GPS into the Txpdr. There is no path/trace for that on the main switch/circuit panel for the GPS-232 to the Txpdr, so that is not included/wired/hooked up - so the answer is no, it's no configured for that.

2) We did not do anything to the flight timer other than leave it a the factory default, as with the other dozens of user configurable options. If you desire to change that, you may. Everyone has differing desires there so my opinion is the factory default is best.

3) All necessary functions for the txpdr should work great out of the box with no configuring needed by you. An install manual was not provided with the kit because other than the physical installation of the tray, there is no other necessary work to do.

Hope that helps! If you received an avionics kit and desire an install manual, feel free to drop us an email and we'll send one. They are not provided in hard copy format, only pdf. I would however caution you that if you mess around in the config pages and manage to screw something up - and then call for help getting it back to the way it was...well...

Cheers,
Stein

Three more...

1) What is your name?

2) What is your quest?

2) What is your favorite color?

:cool::D

"What is your name?"
"Sir Galahad of Camelot."
"What is your quest?"
"To seek the Holy Grail."
"What is your favorite color?"
"Blue, no yellow..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Sorry, guys, I just could not resist... :D Joe, I knew I liked you for some reason...

Threadjack continued....

"What is your name?"
"Sir Galahad of Camelot."
"What is your quest?"
"To seek the Holy Grail."
"What is your favorite color?"
"Blue, no yellow..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

From "Quest for the RV Grin":

"What are you building?"
"Tail dragger"
"What is your canopy?"
"Slider"
"What is your favorite primer?"
"Epoxy. No, self-etching rattle can...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

spamalot

oh

my

gawd

......we really ARE all about the same age

and maturity level! :)

...shrubberies anyone?

"What are you building?"
"Tail dragger"
"What is your canopy?"
"Slider"

Thanks.....

....I just spit my Ramen noodles all over my desk....

:p

"What are you building?"
"Tail dragger"
"What is your canopy?"
"Slider"

THAT.....should be on a bumper sticker :)

HAHA!

That was really funny! ... clip clop clip clop clip clop.......... tis just a flesh wound!!!!

Best Brian
... now to clean up all the food I just could not keep in... noodles do come out of keyboards... right? :)

Back