What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thread Sort Order

bjdecker

Well Known Member
Ambassador
Does this forum software support changing the sorting order of threads? The old BBS would let you select oldest first, newest first, etc.

I also prefer the newest post at the top, but cannot seem to find a way to change the order. i see no “Filter” menu on the right side of the thread. I see that the order of threads with a particular forum list can be sorted ascending or descending, but in am wondering if a particular thread (or all threads) can be sorted to show the newest post at the top.

Last edited:
I also prefer the newest post at the top, but cannot seem to find a way to change the order. i see no “Filter” menu on the right side of the thread. I see that the order of threads with a particular forum list can be sorted ascending or descending, but in am wondering if a particular thread (or all threads) can be sorted to show the newest post at the top.
I also see NO "Filter" menu..., I miss many things from old site and can't seem to find them, have been looking and patient however am becoming somewhat frustrated.

Hello!

This isn’t just a new version of the old software, it’s an entirely different product, it will be completely different. This previous forum software was 20 years old.

Some experimenting may be required to use the new forum in a way that works best for you.

I haven’t explored all the various ways to view things, perhaps someone who has can chime in.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have nothing like your picture, appears you took an image from a cell phone. I am using a Windows 10 PC & Firefox. Am 70yrs old retired but active Elect Eng and Aero Eng and do not use Apps on my Android cell phone.
Is there some way for me to navigate such that I can see more items like you show on top line like the file? icon
How can I make "Filters" appear ?
How can I see list of DARs' ?
How can I get to white list ?
Sorry for the rudimentary inquiries - A little guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

The Filter option is not available nor does it work uniformly across all threads, replies, replies to replies, etc. Pics:

Pic 1 - Look Ma!! a Filters button:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 8.35.45 AM.png

Pic 2 - A menu under the filter button, which actually lists FILTERS....:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 8.47.10 AM.png

Pic 3 - Digging into a Forum/Topic I find that the filter button is there, but it's not a FILTER anymore but a Sort Option menu...oh kay....:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 8.47.52 AM.png

And lastly -- Where's the filter button???? Jump to NEW means JUMP to FIRST NEW with LAST NEW still many scroll clicks away...

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 8.47.33 AM.png

Filters, Sorting, Reading behaviors shouldn't be thread specific IMHO.

Bill -- were you able to replicate the issue? Does it make sense?
Bill as in me? I'm back to my real job now and not actively working on anything ... but I don't see an issue just the way the new forum software works. Also, we don't control how it works, it is what it is, with the exception of a few settings that can be manipulated.

Yes
Bill as in me? I'm back to my real job now and not actively working on anything ... but I don't see an issue just the way the new forum software works. Also, we don't control how it works, it is what it is, with the exception of a few settings that can be manipulated.

Yessir -- saw that you "loved" my post; but I didn't understand why.

So, no more changes to the forum SW? Who wrote it, XenForo?

Yessir -- saw that you "loved" my post; but I didn't understand why.

We haven't changed the forum software at all, just tweaked a few settings and installed a theme.

Making programatic changes requires them to be maintained going forward with every single update ... which realistically won't happen ... and would put Doug right back where he was before, unable to upgrade to new versions ... plus the donations (upgrades) just won't cover the expense, very few (relative to active users) actually donate and/or upgrade their account.

Yes. Xenforo is the software being used. Minor tweaks may come down the road, but I’m focusing on the big stuff for the immediate future. I’ll dial it in over the next few months if I can😎. Thank you for your patience! (I’ve been in the simulator all morning - just crawled out)

Back