What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

This is just about to get real...

Lynnb

Well Known Member
My RV-10 tail and wing kits arrive tomorrow, so I guess this is no longer a fantasy and my wife and I are actually going to start building a plane. I've been a lurker on this site for years and been looking at the 10 since they first introduced it, everything has finally aligned and I guess this is going to be a reality! We're both excited and apprehensive, I keep thinking what have I gotten myself into. :D

I'm sure I'll be much more of an active participant here over the next 5 to XX number of years. I'm glad there is a great community out here for RV builders.

Lynn

Lynn, Welcome to VAF! I know how you feel... the "what have I gotten myself into" part! You'll think that a few more times before you're done, but there will be more than enough "Let's get this thing done so we can FLY" along the way too.

:)

Welcome to VAF!

Lynn, welcome to VAF, and to the RV 10 fraction too:D

Just take one step-----------or bite at a time.

elephant_one_bite.jpg

Welcome and congrats! Glad to hear your wife is involved in the project - its way better that way.

Thanks for welcoming us. I sure hope my wife is in on this, she's the pilot in the family so it's really going to be her plane, I'm just a builder looking to relax in the back while I get flown around. ;)

Congratulations! I have just started my build and am in the DFW area if you need some moral support! Have fun, relax and read up on as much as you can. :rolleyes:

small moves

Alright Lynn and Heather! We're excited for you guys to "join the family". It's a long road but one that is very rewarding, fun and frustrating at times. First comes the joy of inventorying parts :D If you guys need any help give us a call!

John and Amanda Eldridge

Congratulations

Congratulations Lynn
I think most of us go through that wishing stage before actually pounding rivets. I know I wished for years before my planets aligned. You will forever be changed by the project and make many new friends. This is an incredible community.
Welcome.

Make Sure...

Make sure that you TAKE YOUR TIME INSPECTING THE CRATE before you let the driver go.

When my empennage crate was delivered by Fedex, it was DAMAGED! In my excitement, I missed the corner of the crate that they SPEARED with a fork truck. The only piece that was damaged was...you guessed it... the 11 foot long spar that runs corner to corner in the crate.

It all worked out but it was a frustrating experience...

Sorry to hear that rocketman, I was actually impressed with the crating, and even though it had been on the truck and obviously slid around all day, everything seems to have made it ok.

Unloaded1.jpg

OQdMoay95ClIyof9Srl2wuvtjROnfoJ2ooUATcd7wnY

Last edited:
Back