What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Things to do and places to fly around Dallas

339A

Well Known Member
It looks like Deb and I will be in Richardson, Texas for a few weeks starting wednesday. We need some ideas for things to do and places to go for weekend activities. Things like Museums, historical sites and parks/lakes worth visiting. Not sure how much free time I will have but any favorite places would be appreciated.

On the restaurant front there had better be some good Steak, BBQ, and Mexican joints around, my personal Favs.

If time allows this weekend we will fly up to Cedar Mills (3T0) and eat at the Pelican's Landing. Anyone know the condition of the runway there?
Again I appreciate all help with this.

Interested in hearing Chuck Yeager speak?

Scott,

If you're still here, General Chuck Yeager will be speaking at the American Airlines Training & Conference Center on Wednesday, February 11th at 7:00 p.m. $35/person

More info at www.crsmithmuseum.org or call at 817.967.5995

Last edited:
It looks like Deb and I will be in Richardson, Texas for a few weeks starting wednesday. We need some ideas for things to do and places to go for weekend activities. Things like Museums, historical sites and parks/lakes worth visiting. Not sure how much free time I will have but any favorite places would be appreciated.

On the restaurant front there had better be some good Steak, BBQ, and Mexican joints around, my personal Favs.

If time allows this weekend we will fly up to Cedar Mills (3T0) and eat at the Pelican's Landing. Anyone know the condition of the runway there?
I cannot imagine that anything has happened to change the runway status since October (the last time I was there) but Cedar Mills was in excellent shape at that time.

We were just up there last Sunday and it's not bad, but I've seen it a lot better. There were areas that were a little soft, about midway up from the lake about even with the condos.

Things to do

Scott,

Give me a call. I know some good restaurants in Ft Worth. Carol and I may show you around when you are here. Certantly fly to Cedar Mills 3T0
817 271 0594

Hey Scott & Deb,

You GOTTA eat at the Hard 8 BBQ after landing at nearby SEP (Stephenville) and borrowing the airport golf cart to get there :D Rosie

Thanks for all the suggestions

We arrived at ADS this afternoon on what was an absolutely perfect flight/day. Cruised at 7500 feet and it was CAVU all the way with a 20 kt tail wind. :D Couldn?t ask for better.

Thanks for the suggestions, it?s exactly what we?re looking for. We'll see how many we can make. They all sound good and this weekend we will fly to one of them and eat....

Jay, I plan to get over to Hicks sometime during this stay to check up on Larry Henson?s latest project and visit with you guys. The hard part will be getting a day off to do it. Will keep you posted.

Since you're around ADS, try Gloria's for Savador-Mex and good margaritas. It's on the SE corner of Belt Line and the Tollway. There are some other good places; PM me and we'll meet up.

TODR

Back