What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News - 8.26.2024. #6155. GRATEFUL TO BE HERE ! ! !

I’m grateful a few folks feel like I do, enjoying the fact there is at least one tiny spot on the internet that doesn’t inject politics or wars or celebrities or (whatever) into everything. Or track your keystrokes and clicks. God Bless you folks that help me keep this non-mega-social-media pirate ship afloat! Even with its 'keep it on RV' rules. I know....crazy. :LOL:

That VAF remains an American, 1-person small business not owned by a larger company is a minor miracle to hold on to (IMHO).

Related, I was hoping to fly the RV-6 Sunday morning (been 26 days), but the extra paper route I was working on Saturday went several hours long, and I decided recovery was the smart move. Sunday instead was spent fixing a garage door.

Every few weeks or so I find myself just scrolling through this website, amazed that it even exists and how painlessly RV-interested people can inject information and questions and answers with so little effort (thanks again Bill K for the help on this). Trying to rest in the pilot lounge Saturday (limited success) with hours to go, I kept going back to it - I probably pulled up VAF fifteen times. No politics. No hostility. Just RV fans talking RVs. It got me to thinking how grateful I am that we live in a world where something like this can exist, not designed to desensitize or demoralize, and how honored I am that some folks help me keep my small business dream alive. I’ll keep trying my hardest. It currently requires (2) extra part-time jobs to stay in the black, but I’m not gonna give up. Maybe a small niche website wasn't the smartest thing to bet your family's future on :ROFLMAO: :oops: o_O:cool: .

I’m grateful to be here, and I'm grateful you're here.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and hope you got to spend some quality time with your RV.

v/r,dr

PS: Unrelated, if you were into the band Boston’s ‘Foreplay / Long Time’ from 1977, you’re going to absolutely love this.

…on to today’s edition of The VAF News. I hope it makes your day a little brighter.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.07.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.40.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.21.22 AM.png

RV White Pages
...updated 8/25/24

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.07.46 AM.png

RV-4 Status Report …Sanch627
Continuing to move right along. RV4 # 4633. N1212R
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.08.52 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.10.56 AM.png

Split Skirt PIREP …Webb
Cut the split until you can pull skirt until it lays as flush as it can. Then start the glassing process.
Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 6.34.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.20.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 10.22.08 AM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 6.23.46 PM.png

Donate to keep this site online:

Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

THE VAF LIST (a list of RV-related lists)
https://vansairforce.net/threads/the-vaf-list-a-list-of-rv-related-lists.223964/

FS: My Ford Ranger (our family spare which lives in the hangar).
If you’re looking for a small airport truck with so little modern technology that it would be a minor miracle if anyone under 30 could operative it, my 2010 Ford Ranger is for you. It would make a GREAT teenager’s first vehicle. Probably $9,100. I bought it from Dan Horton a decade ago. The a/c is terrifyingly cold. There are no more tiny trucks for sale in the USA. This is one. AM/FM and no cruise. Clean the interior with a leaf blower. The pic with the two wooden chairs is my son Tate learning how to parallel park on the Charlie taxiway <grin>.
It’s time to let it go, I can’t justify the financial expense of keeping it (empty nesters).
v/r,dr
Details/pics: https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Ford-Ranger-For-Sale

Last edited:
PS: Unrelated, if you were into the band Boston’s ‘Foreplay / Long Time’ from 1977, you’re going to absolutely love this.
Doug,
You were right- I loved it. My all time favorite band- until they got all political and stuff. Still love the original two albums and tolerate the third stage. They can never replace Brad Delp, but the Home Depot guy does a decent job. I Hope you’ve seen some of those videos from when they found him. Good stuff making a fan a star.

Back