What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News - 8.16.2024. #6149. Stuck valve pics, how to learn from other people’s mistakes …Turbo

I sure do love editions like this - full of technical stuff.
Hope you and yours have a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend.
v/r,dr

RV News That Caught My Eye Over The Last Day or So ….dr

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 1.31.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 8.22.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 9.24.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 4.09.39 PM.png

From Rich Meske at www.AircraftExtras.com
“Please check out our Oil Quantity Sensors for Lycoming and Continental engines. We are also in the process of developing another sensor oil plug size (M14x1.5). This sensor will be used on the ULpower Aero Engines but may also be utlized in other engine types as well.”
Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 4.17.13 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_5023.JPG

FS: My Ford Ranger (our family spare which lives in the hangar).
If you’re looking for a small airport truck with so little modern technology that it would be a minor miracle if anyone under 30 could operative it, my 2010 Ford Ranger is for you. It would make a GREAT teenager’s first vehicle. Probably $9,100. I bought it from Dan Horton a decade ago. The a/c is terrifyingly cold. There are no more tiny trucks for sale in the USA. This is one. AM/FM and no cruise. Clean the interior with a leaf blower. The pic with the two wooden chairs is my son Tate learning how to parallel park on the Charlie taxiway <grin>.
It’s time to let it go, I can’t justify the financial expense of keeping it (empty nesters).
v/r,dr
Details/pics: https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Ford-Ranger-For-Sale
Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 11.22.15 AM.png

Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

THE VAF LIST (a list of RV-related lists)

Back