What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The New Borrowed Horse

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
RV Central News,,,,

The new 'Borrowed Horse' Arrived this Saturday, Toni Partain Delivery!
A RV8 QB.
I have completed the Empenage.
I have an engine ECI 0-360 from Americas Aircraft Engines. They built it at Sun n Fun, showed it at Hondo and droped it off here after. Kinda putting the cart before the 'horse' but I hope to have the new one flying in a compressed time.
Have the Grove airfoil gear in house.
The building begins today.

Last edited:
I'll go on record with my prediction that BH2 (Borrowed Horse 2) flies within 150 days.

(I've seen this guy build).

Scorch said:
As always, JayBird, if you need any advice, I'm available.

Yeah Jay - there's a lot of helpful people around here. Just ask if you need any help with newbie questions. You know, stuff like "should I prime the plane" or "tail-dragger or nose-dragger."

:D

Help!!!

Fast??

I'm calling in all of the free help I have given out over the years...
Pat Stewart RV8/RV8A, has volentered to build a part or 2,,,, seats?.
Jerry Kinmen has the rudder peddels,,,,, any one want to learn riviting,,? a wing skin? Got to get this bird flying!
Krash, thanks for the plug, 150 days?,probably not that quick. I have to fly to Idaho with Scorch,,,, for lunch!
The build will not take a year, but Idaho calls this summer. I am hoping to do this in under 365 days.
Thanks Guys

Awesome!

Congrat's Jay! There's probably nothing like the feeling of owning THREE planes at once :D ?

Let me know if I can help, and also let me know if you find a "spare" O-320 somewhere in your hangar! :cool:

Now, if I can just get this new (old) house remodeled, the new shop built, and then take my wings out of the crates (after 6+ months)......... :(

Take care,

Back