What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The backseat

Mike,

Did you use this back seat? And, did you use the stock Oregon Aero for the front? If you used the bench backseat, does it folded down for extra room in the back or do you remove it when you are hauling extra stuff?

Thanks, Cliff

Cliff-----we are not yet finished, but after stopping by the shop, we are totally committed to using their stuff.

The rear seat is a completely unique item, and is furnished as part of the interior kit.

The front seat is a hybred-------Classic starts with the factory seats, then changes out some of the foam for a better fit and feel. They also modify the way the foam is installed, so the cover can be velcroed in place in the seating area. Prevents the cover from moving around. Kinda hard to explain, but makes a lot of sense when you see it.

Cliff,

I have these seats, you won't need to build the seatbacks that come with the RV-10. Classic Aero's back seats are velcro and hinged in place, easy to flip up or remove. The cost will vary depending on leather, vinyl or cloth. I have the leather, top quality. They have prices on their site. If you plan to use them save some shipping costs to your home and have Van's deliver them to Classic for covering direct. Currently they only offer seats, a glareshield pinch weld and basic carpet for the RV-10 Luke has said that they plan a full interior like they have for the 6/7/8/9 but it hasn't materialized yet.

They do use a well know leather company, Perone I believe, so matching other interior panels is not an issue if they still don't offer the full interior when you are ready.

OH yeah...last heard Van's won't allow you to remove the Oregon Aero seats from your finish kit order...but...they are SUPER good seats.

Last edited:
Can Three Small People Fit

Can three small people fit in the backseat with a bench instead of the individual seats?

Dear Cliff:

If I hadn't had the back seat full when you took the $150,000.00 RV ride in N710RV you could have climbed back there and seen for yourself. Possible but only if they are childen, and the middle passanger will have to put his/her legs one on either side of the tunnel.

In addition, you also should register your RV-10 as a 5 place aircraft and not a 4 place aircraft if you are going to put in three rear seatbelts. I haven't thought about a shoulder harness for the middle passenger but if you design a Y hookup to the other two shoulder harness cables it shouldn't be a problem.

Have you ordered your RV-10 kit yet?

Back