What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The 6,000th Flying RV Has Been Recorded

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...and it's a RV-10.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/flights.htm

Congratulations Van's (and Louis).

b,
dr

Palmenteri2_lg.jpg

As of today 12-09-2008 6000 Flying RVs

Congratulations to ALL RV Community.

I 'm surprised with what i have learn in those 2-3 month of digging for information on this forums and many builders sites.
Even if i 'm not building anything yet i feel more knowledgeable in planes than i was before, is not a black box for me anymore.
6000 people did it and make their dream true.

Thanks again to everyone on this community

Am I wrong or is the 6,000 number just the flying RV's that have been 'recorded' at Vans headquarters?? I've finished my share of RV's and have never once called or emailed Van's Aircraft to let them know that the planes were up and flying. If that's the case I'm sure there are MANY more flying RV's than what Van's Hobbs Meter indicates :rolleyes:.

I'll wait a couple years.....when the hobbs gets close to the 10,000 mark I'll call all of mine in and win a Vans Tee Shirt :D.

Either way....Congrats to Van's Aircraft for an awesome airplane. The fact that so many are flying are a real testament to the design.

I was wondering that myself......... I wonder how many more are flying and not recorded!

Could be another thousand or so?

DB:cool:

I'll wait a couple years.....when the hobbs gets close to the 10,000 mark I'll call all of mine in and win a Vans Tee Shirt :D.

That's probably what Louis did when he saw 6000 coming, if you look at the actual date of his first flight. I'd call him a cheater, but I'd thought of doing the same thing when 5000 rolled around! :D:D

Last edited:
Back