What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanks for the RV-10 tour!

Elliot

I'm New Here
The VAF community is a special group indeed! Bill Thomasson flew his RV-10 from LZU to LUX, accompanied by fellow -7 Builder Daniel S, to show me and my wife a flying -10. Bill's plane looks even better in person than the pics he's posted on VAF. The ride was incredible in every way - smooth and quiet at 160kts. I'm pretty sure we just had our $1XXK intro. flight as my wife and I landed with what I would call serious RVPG?s (passenger grins).

No sooner did Bill and Daniel head for home when another RV landed (an -8 tail dragger) for a fuel stop. I think we?re already hooked and leaning seriously toward the -10 and I only just got my medical and student pilot certificate with training to commence next month.

Thanks, Bill and Daniel, for the great evening and generously sharing your build experiences and answering our questions. Bill and Daniel are great ambassadors for the RV and VAF.
Elliot

No problem, enjoyed the flight. Good luck with your pilot training, and if you need help getting started on a kit I'll be glad to come up. Nice meeting you.

Bill

Back