What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thank you for reaching out

AX-O

Well Known Member
Thank you to all those that have reached out due to the Bankruptcy filing. Hard to believe people care that much about our family. Unfortunately as a result, I lost my job. We are doing well and are looking at options forward. TBD at this moment.

Please respect the following: I am not discussing prior employer’s business, projects, personal thoughts and so on. This situation is painful for everyone involved in different ways. Thanks for your understanding. And again, thank you for reaching out.

Sorry to hear this.. how many flight hours do you have and have you considered going to the airlines?

Been through that situation many times in my so called aviation career. With your qualifications and obvious skill set, you'll be fine. It may not seem so right now, but you'll likely find a situation that's even better than the one you had.

Keep the faith. All the best,

Chris

From Rock Star at Osh to this in December……sad!

Sorry my man! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!

Bummer for sure!!! I'd be willing to bet you come out of this in a great place. Best wishes to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear this Axel.

But, you have gained some great experience, between the development of the 15 and the business experience of working the LCP issue and now bankruptcy.

People will be standing in line to hire you.

Best of luck, take your time and choose carefully!

John

Sorry to hear this Axel. I very much appreciated the conversation at OSH at Dan's beer event. Class all the way.

Hoping you find something that fits your skills and is inline with your career roadmap.

E

You’re a highly skilled and amiable person AC. There is a good job waiting for you and I am betting you will find it.
If commercial long haul is of interest, send me a pm. I may have a contact for you.
I had no idea you made a move from the desert. I used to know everyone at Vans. I now know very few, and getting fewer.

All, thank you for the well wishes, kind words and PMs! I plan on answering the PMs today. Pretty crazy to see how big this community is.

have you considered going to the airlines?

A few folks have reached out about this. Although not something I was considering originally, I will be looking into it.

Are you an engineer, and do you want to move to Utah?

Yes, I am an engineer with a great personality. Sometimes you have to pick between one or the other. My wife and I are moving anywhere that provides a good fit/opportunity. If that is in Utah, then (thumbs up).

From Rock Star at Osh to this in December……sad!
My wife and mom still think I am a rock star, let's not ruin it for them.

Are you a member of SETP? They regularly send me emails about job openings for test pilots. If not, PM me your email and I'll forward the last few to you. I also know we're hiring at SWA (as is every other airline!)

Brian Peck
Former U-2 Test Pilot
Current SWA Captain

Axel, sorry to hear that you ended up as part of the fallout from the problems at Vans.........

Best of luck finding a new place to land;)

I worked at Boeing for 38 years. All in all a pretty good job. Interesting work and good benefits. They have a large flight test program as well as Aero, Structures and lots of other departments

Back