What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thank Goodness for GARMIN!!!!

n700jl

Well Known Member
In a world of online post where it’s so easy to be critical of someone or some company. I just wanted to extend a very sincere appreciation to everyone on the G3 X team. It is so nice to be able to have an amazing technical support staff and amazing company that build an excellent product, I recently was having some problems with an older Trutrak auto pilot when I called T.T. now Honeywell and asked for help I basically was just told that I could purchase a new unit instead of repairing the old one. I had the true track auto pilot in my RV 10 since the Garmin system wasn’t available when I built the plane in 2011. So I made the choice to remove the old auto pilot and install a new Garmin auto pilot that works seamlessly with my older G3X non touch system. I installed the GMC 507 controller and two GSA 28 servos. Garmin provides amazing model specific brackets so everything looks like a factory install. Garmin provides an excellent ground check of the auto pilot system before you go fly. This is prudent for a safe test flight and safe operation of the auto pilot, thank you Garmin for writing such a comprehensive flight test program to help out inexperienced, builders, and people that are inexperienced at doing aircraft flight testing. I have to report that my flight test went very well. The auto pilot flies the airplane perfectly with the factory settings for both pitch and roll gains thank you to everyone at Garmin for providing this very detailed information and again thank you so much for everything you’re doing behind the scenes to help our airplanes fly efficiently, smoothly, and trustworthy. And has an added bonus the airplane is 6 pounds lighter thanks to the new lighter weight servos compared to the old ones. Thank you, Garmin.IMG_0565.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back