What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Texas-Oklahoma RON Question

az_gila

Well Known Member
OK, I know OK is not in TX, but I couldn't find which area of the VAF forums it falls into...:)

I'm heading East in a week, and depending on the monsoon weather, will probably need an overnight stop in the Midland TX to Lawton, OK area.

Any recommendations from locals for an airport to stay overnight at?

Requirements are fairly simple - reasonable 100LL prices - hotels nearby - ideally within walking distance so no rental car is needed.

The stop after that will probably be Cape Giradeau for a few days, and then Owensboro/Bowling Green KY. After that, all the planned legs are short until the return trip across TX...:)

If you want to go a little farther, I have used Borger (KBGD) many times as a RON stop. They have a courtesy car and a hangar to put the airplane in. There is a hotel within walking distance that is CHEAP but it also is very old. My preference is to take the courtesy car and drive to AmericInn.

I recommend Andrews, TX (E11). About 40 NNW of MAF. Cheapest 100LL in the area, 24/7 self-serve. Airport has a courtesy car you can just sign out yourself and go to the Holiday Inn Express.

Call me when you get here (432-556-0060). :)

Remember - if you get forced towards the Gulf by weather or whatever, we always have a spot here for you Gil!

And if you find yourself toward the Dallas area, we have plenty of hangar space and a guest bedroom. And even an asphalt runway now!
972-784-7544

Back