What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Testing Avionics

Peterk

Well Known Member
Even though we don't have the firewall foward harness you can turn on everything else by grounding the relay that the diode attaches to. Just ground your battery, then alligator clip the "diode post" to the airframe. Everything comes on. Of course the fuel pump comes on as well but you can pull the fuse so you don't have to listen to it. But it gives you a chance to work with your radios, intercoms, etc.

Hey Pete

Find anything interesting when you turned it on ? I am still putting things together, but have thought about it. I'll likely wait. Might as well smoke it ALL at once !

John Bender

Interesting things

John,

To answer your question, yes...my trim is not working. Everything works great. I even took the pins out of the d-sub and hooked em up to a 12 volt to see if the trim worked...it did. So I either have the pins in the wrong holes or other probs. Vans is working on everything I've passed on and I'm sure we'll figure it out.

It's kinda cool to have your headsets on and hear this little voice say, "no satellite signal." And music sounds great!

Hey Pete

For sure let us know what you find out about the wiring/trim situation. I think I'll wait until all things are in. ( then I can burn it all up at once ! ).

John Bender

Back