What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Test Video (9A Take Off)

Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
If this works (testing video link) the first video is taking off from Gustine, CA behind a friend and his 300hp Turbo Lance. We often stop here for gas when we fly together because it is usually the cheapest gas around. Apologies for the Traffic Scope on the glareshield and the associated cords but I didn't want to cut a hole in the panel until I was a believer that it worked as advertised and was going to be a keeper. The answer to that is yes, it works great. The spots all over the windscreen are knats that we caught while landing at Gustine which anybody who has ever landed there can relate to. The second is taking off from runway 13 at Reid Hillview in San Jose and shows a typical take off roll in the 9a. You can judge by the numbers the area of the runway that the 9 operates from which is just what Van's advertises. I remember reading that they usually operate from the section of runway prior to the VASI.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7485540114832566/rv-9a_take_off_behind_lance/

http://www.zippyvideos.com/1067665104832686/rv-9a_take_off/

Blue Skies,

Last edited:
That is awesome!! I would like to get a copy of that video to show all the people who think I am crazy, one of the reasons I am building a Vans.

JohnBabrick said:
... I got my training there, most of it on 31R. Now I live in Michigan.
John,

There are some very cool airports in Michigan. Holland State Park has an airport that you can walk from. When I lived in Detroit I used fly there on Saturday morning, spend the day on the beach and was back home by dinner.

Don't forget about Mackinac Island, Put In Bay, and a bunch of other places I haven't been to in over 18 years.

Good luck with the move. Just look at it as a great adventure.

JohnBabrick said:
... I got my training there, most of it on 31R. Now I live in Michigan.

Where in Michigan? I left there to move to California last fall. If you are looking for a few good RV builders in SE Michigan drop me a PM.

Kptk

N916K said:
Where in Michigan? I left there to move to California last fall. If you are looking for a few good RV builders in SE Michigan drop me a PM.
Lot's of RV's flying out of Pontiac and a few under construction also. Call me on 248-330-1267.
Ron Drake
N592RS - Flying

Back