What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Terminals needed for Odyssey Batteries?

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I am planning on using the PC925 battery and from what I've read I'm uncertain if it comes with mounting rings/terminals on the battery for the cable lugs. It seems like there is a threaded insert but you are left to buy an appropriate screw in terminal. Is that the case? If so, what terminals are people using? Just wondering if my battery is going to show up and have no cable mount terminals.

As I recall, the battery terminal is threaded, I just used a bolt through the ring lug on the cable, and bolted it to the battery.

"New in-the-box" PC680's come with two metric (uses a 10mm hex head) bolts, split ring lock washers, and several brass types of terminal plates (not needed). Everything I needed to attach the aircraft's battery cables to the battery were included with the battery.

Vans recommends putting two washers under the positive terminal so the insulator boot on the cable will cover the bolt well. I used a little longer bolt than was provided. Lowe's or Home Depot sells the stainless steel metric bolts.

My PC925 came with M6 bolts for the terminals. So for best fit, you should consider changing the lugs on your #2 AWG cables to 1/4" diameter. This is smaller than what conventional aircraft batteries use.

I carry a couple of spare #2 wires with the 3/8" lugs (or is it 5/16? I forget) already mounted, just in case I need to buy a conventional battery when away from home.

Back