What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Terminal Block Wiring

llarkin

I am getting ready to wire up my Gretz Aero pitot tube and was wondering if I should put solder on the end of the wires before I screw them into the terminal blocks or do I just leave them twisted?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry in Loveland, CO
RV-7 Slo Build, fuselage on the way!

Do you mean twisting the wire around the screw? As far as I know, that's a no-no on aircraft. You should crimp a ring terminal on the wire and then use the screw through the ring terminal to attach the wire to the terminal block. Good luck.

Last edited:
I have the Gretz tube system. I understand that these are clamp style screw terminal blocks in which the wire is inserted, then the screw is tightened to clamp the wire in place. I did indeed tin the end of these wires before clamping them in the block.
Seems to work.

I have the Gretz tube system. I understand that these are clamp style screw terminal blocks in which the wire is inserted, then the screw is tightened to clamp the wire in place. I did indeed tin the end of these wires before clamping them in the block.
Seems to work.
My bad-I was envisioning a different type of "terminal block."

Back