What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Terminal Block & Stall Warner

Topturn

Finished the metal prep on all my wing ribs tonight so need to degrease them, then it's prime time for me before moving on to skin prep before building the wings up as space is limited in my garage.

Quick question about Page 16-02 step 6 am I right in thinking PS-UHMW .125X2X2 1/4 is the white plastic squares? Also is it OK to prime the VA-196 stall vain prior to final painting as it only flicks a micro switch?

Finally is the 12 foot string / fishing line mentioned in Step 1 16-04 added for the light kit if you decide to add this at a later date?

Many thanks as ever for any advice.

Last edited:
You can prine the stall tab if you like, personally I like to leave it bare metal.

Yes, the string is for the light kit. If you are adding lights now there is no need for a string. Unless you just want to be safe if you add something else later.

String location

I found it really difficult getting my hand in far enough to reach for the string when I installed my lights. If there's any danger of you installing lights, I recommend you extend the string up to the wing tip near the front and secure it with a bit of duck tape.

Cheers...Keith

I might install the kit at a later date so top tip thanks Keith - I was considering what to stick the string down with and you've answered the question for me

I'm coming up to this point and was wondering the same thing.

It is made of stainless steel so it really doesn't need to be primed.
I think most people would think it looks better as bare shiny stainless (just be sure to radius the corners well so people that run into it wont get torn up too bad)

Back