What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tantilisingly close?..

Topturn

Paid the vat and shipping charges on my RV-12 Empennage & Tool Kit this afternoon and currently it's 5 miles from my house at Manchester Airport awaiting collection hopefully on Monday....... The largest challenge of my life is about to start!!

Best of Luck!

Good luck on your RV-12 build. :)

A N T I C I P A T I O N ... the most fun of all.

pretty soon ...

Welcome!

Jason,

Welcome to the club! You will find a wealth of information here on this forum. I am a first time builder just finishing the finish kit. Check out my build log. Have fun and don't hesitate to post questions/concerns. Someone will always help you.

John

A up Jason. Good luck with it I wish you well. I am in the same position. My RV-3 emp was ordered last week and should be here sometime hopefully soon.

Do you fly from Barton? Thats one of the nicest airfields I have been to. The low level corridor is also a challenge. I strayed into John Lennon's airspace, imagine, on my way up to Barton one time. Got a lecture from the tower after landing.

Take care

Anthony

Collected my RV-12 Empennage Kit from Manchester International Airport this afternoon along with my Avery builders tool kit and it's now in my garage.... Sorry workshop!!

Kit builders registration paper work should arrive tomorrow and the inventory is done and only one tiny washer missing. I'm amazed at how well everything was packed by Van's and how it travelled from Oregon to Portland to San Fran to LA to London Heathrow and finally on to Manchester for just over ?280....? I think I'll ask Van's to book my next Trans Atlantic flight.

I have a tool box kit to build this weekend with a mate who's built an RV-7 so back to school for me this weekend.

Back