What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tank Leak but not in the normal place

randyintejas

Well Known Member
Finally got around to testing my tanks, the left held the balloon for 3 day but, the right would deflate after 2 hours. So I refilled it with air and got out the soap and water. No go, could not find a leak anywhere after trying several times! Determined to find it I decided to fill it with water and what do ya know, found it! Leak is in the wire plug for the BNC connector so, do I attempt to pull the access panel and reseal the wire or do I just put some proseal in the gold connector when I do the wiring for the senders latter? (Edit) thinking this may cause a Conductivity problem?
Thanks!

Edit again.. opened the access panel and resealed. Got both tanks mounted and torqued (excellent fit!!) and installed the roll servo, great day after all!

Last edited:
You are not the first to have this problem, as I recall, others have had luck with both the green locktite, and proseal.

Best fix would probably be to remove the access plate, and gob on the proseal from inside.

Hopefully someone who has already slayed this dragon will speak up.

Back