What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tanis Probe Location

StuBob

Well Known Member
Where did you put the probes for your Tanis heater? The instructions say it’s “preferred” to replace an intake tube bolt, but offer the option of a lower rocker cover screw.

I’d just as soon not fool with the intake if I don’t have to. Is there a compelling reason to do that instead of the valve cover?

TIA, y’all.

You can place it where ever you want. I like the intake it keeps the wires out of the way and follows the intake tube making for a neat wiring job.

I used the rocker cover and it works great. Be warned however, I chased the threads several times after one of the bolts got stuck in the head and snapped off. Tanis replaced the bolt at no cost, but the bolt was a bear to remove. They told me it had to do with the threads on their product being close tolerance to increase metal to metal contact.

I used the rocker cover and it works great. Be warned however, I chased the threads several times after one of the bolts got stuck in the head and snapped off. Tanis replaced the bolt at no cost, but the bolt was a bear to remove. They told me it had to do with the threads on their product being close tolerance to increase metal to metal contact.

Do you think you overtorqued it? Would it help if I lubed them before putting them in?

Back