What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailwheel RV CFI near Charlotte NC?

designerX

Well Known Member
I've purchased an RV-4 and need transition training. Jan Bussell in Florida is a great guy (I spent 5 hours with him a couple years ago) but he's all the way down past Orlando FL. Is there anyone closer?

Thank you in advance,

Stan Smith

Stan I used Mikey at Acrodynamics.com last year in a Citibria. While it is not the same as a 4 it will give you the training. Also Mikey has RV tailwheel experience.

My schedule is busy for the next few weeks with TeamRV.US air shows, but if after that you have not found a ferry pilot. let me know.

Tad Sargent
TeamRV.us
KRUQ

Thanks Tad!

I talked to Mikey and he sounds like a great resource. Thanks for your reply and have fun with the TeamRV tour!

Kent Gorton

I traveled down to Locust Grove, GA from Pax River, MD when I bought my RV-4 to get transition training in a RV-6 with Kent Gorton. He does his training out of a airport community with a grass strip. He is an airline pilot, A&P, and performs at airshows. My experience was top notch and he definitely tailored the 5 hrs or so to match what I needed to know to be a safe RV pilot. He even loaded up the back of the RV-6 with big bags of dog food to simulate an RV-4 with a heavy passenger. Would recommend him anytime.

http://www.kentgortonairsports.com/

I used Kent Gorton also for my transition training. He does a great job! He is out of Mallards Landing in Atlanta.

George

Back