What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailcone build question - Page 10-4

bhassel

Well Known Member
Four of the nut plates that get riveted on to the bulkhead/doubler show using a CCR-264SS-3-2. I have no idea what that is, nor can I see to find a fastner of any type that fits that part number.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bob

Rivets

My books are out in the hangar but purely from memory I think that's a small countersunk pop rivet.

Wayne 120241/143WM

As Wayne says, they are small countersunk pop rivets that should be in your kit. They are a brown colour and have a slightly serrated stem.

Four of the nut plates that get riveted on to the bulkhead/doubler show using a CCR-264SS-3-2. I have no idea what that is, nor can I see to find a fastner of any type that fits that part number.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bob

Those are Cherry brand nut-plate rivets. 100* CS pop rivets as others have said. But, they are steel rivets with retained steel mandrels.

Google "Cherry CCR264SS-3-2 Rivets". There's a ton of info on them.

Rivets

The rivets are as the guys described, - I was surprised when I first saw them (at the exact stage you are at) because the mandrell pulls right out: when they are "set" you can see right through! They seem to be used wherever it's awkward or impossible to use a squeezer.. I am finding plenty of places where they are used in the fuselage... Cheers, DEAN...

Back