What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail Width

Geeman

Well Known Member
I am planning my area for building a 7 in and needing the width of the horizontal stabilizer.

Thanks in advance.

I'm building in a single car garage and have not experienced much problems so far. When assembling I plan on moving out of here.
You might want to find some extra place for a separate spray paint booth.

I have 2 benches end to end. The total length of 10' seems about right. That gives you enough room to move it around.

Building mine in my living room.... 12x12.... Plenty of room!!

......which wall I will have to remove is yet to be seen...... :)

I put my tail on a couple of weeks ago to rig it up and drill the necessary holes for bolts. After a week of fitting the fiberglass tips it was time to take it back off in order to be able to walk around in my side of the garage.
The tail on the RV-9 is 9 feet 5 and 5/8 inches without the tips. The tips add about 11 inches.

How 'bout a living room?

Building mine in my living room.... 12x12.... Plenty of room!!

......which wall I will have to remove is yet to be seen...... :)

I had a very considerate young wife that allowed me to use one of the bedrooms as a small living room while my Cassutt wing went together in the living room back in '72.

BuildingCassutt.jpg

Best,

Apologies for my naivete but what are those strips all over the Cassutt wing. I am thinking it is wood stapled to hold the ply in place while it cures.

Thanks

Back