What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail Pull Handles

NewGuy

Has anyone installed a tail pull handle from BAS?

I think a tail handle will be really handy moving the plane around.

I just called the company and Bud Blancher, the owner passed away last month. They have none in stock for the RV-7 and the guy who answered the phone THINKS that the RV-6 model also fits the RV-7.

I don't know that there is a difference in fuselage width back in the tail section between the 6 and 7.

Has anyone installed one of these?

How well does it work?

Would you recommend it to anyone?

use a leftover tie down strap

I use a left over tie-down strap from the "bending the top skin around the curved frames" process. use the hook around the tailwheel spring. Works great unless you have to push.

Doug
RV6

My RV-6 was 10-years since first flight in September 2007. I now have over 2,064 hobbs hours. I have been using the "tail pull" handles that Van's Aircraft designed into the RV-6. Many people call it a Horizontal and Vertical Stabilizer. I have even pushed the airplane across ramps with this built in tail "push" handle. Works well. No additional cost. No additional weight. No additional hook up time. Nothing to leave behind or get lost.

Good one Gary

You are likely to get voted off the RV Island by installing these. Seriously these are pretty light planes and move quite easily. No need to add the weight or the geek factor:eek:

Back