What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail Kit is on the way!

cderk

Well Known Member
Been reading posts here for a month or so now. Currently own a 1980 Piper Archer II, but have been bitten by the RV bug. Reconnected with a former co-worker who built an RV10, went for a ride in it on Sunday and ordered my first kit a few days later.

I'm excited to get started and scared $hitless at the same time.

Looking forward to sharing my experience as well as learning from the braintrust here.

Thanks!
Charlie

Congrats!! Just finished my tailcone. This forum is a huge help!

I'd highly recommend a pneumatic squeezer. And, as you go alon, if you think you need a tool, get it early. I ended up getting several tools late in the process that I wish I'd had earlier!

When it comes to rolling your rudder leading edge drop me a line. I figured out an easy way to do it!

Have fun!

Thanks everyone -

I purchased a tool kit from Cleveland Tools, and had them upgrade to the pneumatic squeezer. Working on my workbenches this weekend and picking up an air compressor.

I'm sure I will find lots of things that I'm missing, but I think I have enough to get started.

Thanks again,
Charlie

Good luck, just started myself and have really been enjoying it.

Justin -
I was looking at your blog and noticed your air compressor. I was planning on heading to Tractor Supply today and picking up the same one. How is it working so far for you?

Thanks
charlie

My set up works great. The compressor is able to keep up with all building activities. It's not as loud as my old one, can still have a conversation when it running.

The manifold kit from Cleaveland is a must have as well. There are plenty of times I'll have the squeezer, drill and rivet gun connected and work with all three.

Back