What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail Kit has landed!

majuro15

Well Known Member
While I was walking around drooling over vendors at Sun 'n Fun, my 10 tail kit arrived! I bought it from a gentleman on barnstormers who was excellent to deal with and got a great deal. He really took time and care in crating it for the trip east to NC.

I also have a tool kit on the way and our tail # reserved! My wife and I just have to finish remodeling the formal living room then the attention turns towards pimping out the garage, ahem, I mean hanger factory!

Been researching this for a long time and have learned a lot on here and by talking with great new friends.

I have it all built out on paper after getting my hands on things in Tampa last week. It's all in pencil though, as I know things are changing quickly with options!

Our goal is first flight in 2017 so I'm anxious to get started around June!

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the process started, just remember, it is a lot of small bites that finally get the job done.

how-to-eat-an-elephant_design.png

Last edited:
Tom congratulations! You will love the process.

That little side job in the garage will help to pay for wasted parts. :D What kind of coat hangers you plan to manufacture? If aluminum I would order a case :D

Back