What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail cone max width RV-12iS

Dwillows

Sponsor
I am building an RV12iS in my basement, then transferring sub-units to my hangar. What is the max height of the tail cone to be sure it will go through the door on its side. I see the posts about the RV-10 at 36". But what is the RV-12? Thank you all.

I passed mine through a 36” door without having to remove the door from its hinges. And it does flex, so you have a bit more wiggle room if needed.

Thanks Mike,
Turns out my door is 35 1/4" wide... is the big end of the cone a bit flexible at that stage of construction?

Dennis

Ah.. just saw Bob Y's comment, so it looks promising. Thanks gents.

It's maybe 1/2" less than the dimensions I gave, you, and flexible in the longer dimension, so you should be fine.

If needed the front of the tailcone will flex. And if you want a little extra flexibility, leave off F-1283C stiffener.

I managed to squeeze mine through a 32" door, but that was a really tight fit. At 35" I wouldn't anticipate any problems (as long as there isn't anything else in the way).

Last edited:
Back