What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail cone dimensions

MPDel

I'm New Here
Does anyone have the length and width (at fuselage attach point) of the finished tail cone? I'm checking to make sure it will fit through the basement door before I order the kit and decide where to have it shipped.

Thanks for the help

Mike

It is just over 36 inches at its widest point and about 8.5 feet long. It doesn't fit through any doors in my house. It was built in the garage and then sent to the hanger until it was ready to be mounted to the fuse.

Eric Kallio

picture

I dont have the measurement but here are a couple pictures of the bulkhead.

100_1588.jpg

100_1542.jpg

Maybe it will give you an idea of size.

No doors here and we've got some pretty wide ones...

The garage is about as close as it's going to get to being inside.

Unless you have 80" Center open French doors, you won't be getting it through any standard 36" doors. I had to keep mine in the garage until I had 80" doors installed to my work area.

quick build

Hey Phil,
Your going to love that QB fuselage. Its a true master piece, a work of art, until that is you start stuffing it full of wires. uhh huh :eek:

100_1969.jpg

pictures

Mr. William Curtis.

I just want to say thank you so very much for all your great pictures. I found your pages long ago and you have been a great inspieration. When Im stumped I always turn to you for help. Its a great pleasure to chat with you live.

Claude Stokes

Back