What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior IO3630/AWI 4 into 1 throttle and mixture cable brackets

N788RV

I have a Superior XP IO-360 and AWI 4 into 1 exhaust. I'm having trouble installing the Vans brackets for the throttle and mixture control brackets. Does anyone else have this combination of engine and exhaust and how did you install the throttle and mixture cablesz? Did you use the Vans brackets or have to make your own? Pics would be nice.

call Fred Marsden at superior (972-829-4632 and he will email you pictures of brackets that will fit your engine.

Superior IO-360/AWI 4 into 1 throttle bracket

Thanks I have the pictures, I'm not able to get the right bend in the bracket for the throttle cable. The pictures are for the Vettermans crossover exhaust. I have the AWI 4 into 1 exhaust. There is not a lot of room for the throttle arm. Pretty much only one position the arm will go that allows it to move to idle and that almost makes the full throttle position over center but not quite. I spendt a lot of time on it today and buggered the bracket up pretty good. I believe I will make a new one tomorrow and think I know how it needs to be done. I was hoping to see what someone else has done. I did get to the mixture control tonight. That was pretty straight forward.

Throttle Arm for Superior XP IO360 and AWI 4 into 1

I still haven't had much success or came up with anything that I am satisfied will work. I called the manufactor of the fuel control unit and they do make a throttle control arm that is 1 5/8" center to center with or without an offset. They were more than willing to swap me out. I believe the 1 5/8" one without the offseat may work but I am afraid that will limit the throttle control movement by making the travel range much smaller. The arm I am currently using is offset and 2" center to center. I'm still hoping one of you guys can give me some ideas or one of those why didn't I think of that. Does anyone have any pics of some different throttle cable brackets that might work in close quarters at the bottom of the sump.

N788RV said:
I have a Superior XP IO-360 and AWI 4 into 1 exhaust. I'm having trouble installing the Vans brackets for the throttle and mixture control brackets. Does anyone else have this combination of engine and exhaust and how did you install the throttle and mixture cablesz? Did you use the Vans brackets or have to make your own? Pics would be nice.

What fuel system do you have?

Back