What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Super 8 wing skins

Goldendale-flyer

I'm New Here
I have 4 .032 wing panels for an RV 8. These are on piece top skins that were supposedly predrilled by Vans. I paid $800 for the 4 skins 20 years ago. I just opened the box and they look brand new. If you're interested let me know.
Rick Lundin
509-314-0564

I have 4 .032 wing panels for an RV 8. These are on piece top skins that were supposedly predrilled by Vans. I paid $800 for the 4 skins 20 years ago. I just opened the box and they look brand new. If you're interested let me know.
Rick Lundin
509-314-0564
Rick, Are you selling just the top skins? By one piece, you mean that they replace the OEM .-032" inner skins and the .025" outer skins?? Those single piece skins are usually referred to as Bakersfield Bunch wing skins. A group of RV-4 guys based at Bakersfield were the first ones to do that mod.

Rick, Are you selling just the top skins? By one piece, you mean that they replace the OEM .-032" inner skins and the .025" outer skins?? Those single piece skins are usually referred to as Bakersfield Bunch wing skins. A group of RV-4 guys based at Bakersfield were the first ones to do that mod.
Yes these replace the inner and outer top skins, with a single skin. I bought these from a guy in Connecticut who built a beautiful super 8 with his. If anyone is interested I am open to offers.
Rick

Back