What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun-n-Fun 2014

awmuhs

Well Known Member
I am getting close to having to decide on what my RV10 interior is going to look like. I am going to be at Sun n Fun and would like to talk with some RV10 owners and look at their planes.

Anyone going to show up? I will be there on Friday the 4th.

Thanks

I will be there, but not sure which day as of yet. PM me your cell and I will call you if I am there on Friday

I will be there in homebuilt camping. I don't have a -10 but if you want to see a sparten interior of a VFR RV9 with 820 hrs and enjoy a cold drink come on by. :D

If you decide what you like after viewing some interiors, you can purchase your interior there. I did last year and got a nice discount from Oregon Aero.

Sun N Fun last minute decision to go?

I'm just now realizing I may be able to get away for a few days and attend Fun N Sun! I've looked over their web page for the last two nights and it doesn't really give much information about HBC. At this late stage, looks like it may be a tent for me but I'm OK with that. Where on the field is HBC? How are the facilities? Is there decent food on field? I will be solo and packing light so few extras.

Finally, If I arrive on Thursday and leave Saturday, will I have trouble getting a spot in HBC?

I've flown in twice in the past but haven't camped or stayed there. Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

HBC is at the south east side of the airport past vintage and seaplanes but not as far as choppertown. There is usually a good turnout in HBC but I never saw it full so no worries about getting a spot.
Shuttles come by often so no need to do too much walking.
Mary Jane and her crew maintain HBC and have drinks, snacks, coffee, and a different themed dinner each night - donations accepted. She is great.
A shower trailer is not far away and porto pots as well are close.
This will be year #8 for me flying into SNF. :)

Thanks Bruce,

If everything works out as I hope, I'll see you there Wednesday or Thursday.

I am off work all week and plan to get there on Tuesday and stay a couple days. I am flexible though, and if I have to get there later in the week, so be it.
I'll look forward to meeting you!
Bruce

I plan to be there all week and maybe a couple if days early as well. Not sure what days the -10 will be there. Feel free to look me up (text works best) at the show. I'll be staying in the campground.

I'm driving down but would like to stay in HBC. Is there a place to park a car and then catch a shuttle to HBC with my gear?

Or do you have to fly in?

Thanks,
Tom H.

I'm not sure how HBC works at SNF. I think you need to have a plane there for the spot. HBC is pretty close to the main campground. There may even be a parking lot for cars for HBC. If I can help in any way let me know.

I'm driving down but would like to stay in HBC. Is there a place to park a car and then catch a shuttle to HBC with my gear?

Tom,
There isn't really much parking for cars by HBC. Doolittle Road runs up behind HBC and you may be able to stop there for long enough to transfer your gear before going to the regular parking (you'll need a wrist band to get from the road to the camping ground). I'm sure they can find room for an extra tent if you have a word with Smitty or Mary Jane (watch out for the orange t-shirts see below). The show shuttles run past HBC, so you can get a ride there from most places on site.
DSC_01322_zpsd8364421.jpg

HBC is pretty close to the main campground....
Unless they changed things this year, HBC is about as far from the main campground as you can get and still be on the airport- it's literally off the edge of the show map!

Unless they changed things this year, HBC is about as far from the main campground as you can get and still be on the airport- it's literally off the edge of the show map!

Which plane campground is on the west end? Maybe that's GAC.

Back