What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sump bolts

MarkCFI

Well Known Member
I am removing an engine pre-heater coil that is attached beneath the sump by 4 small hangers that are attached via the sump bolts.

The two forward bolts are easy to see and consist of a 7/16” bolt, washer and nut.

However the aft bolts (one at each corner) appear to thread directly in to the case. No washer and nut on top that I can see.

I just want to confirm that’s true and there is t some type of fastener or nut that I won’t be able to get to after I remove the hanger.

Are some of the aft bolts just threaded in to the case?

Lycoming o-320 D3G.

Thanks.

I am removing an engine pre-heater coil that is attached beneath the sump by 4 small hangers that are attached via the sump bolts.

The two forward bolts are easy to see and consist of a 7/16” bolt, washer and nut.

However the aft bolts (one at each corner) appear to thread directly in to the case. No washer and nut on top that I can see.

I just want to confirm that’s true and there is t some type of fastener or nut that I won’t be able to get to after I remove the hanger.

Are some of the aft bolts just threaded in to the case?

Lycoming o-320 D3G.

Thanks.
see attached Parts Manual
Fig 28 should be helpful

Attachments

• PC-203-2.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Back