What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Summer flying and the RV Hotel

Hotel CA

What a great offer. You're so close to us that we are usually just getting started when we fly over L00.

Cathy & Skip

Our RV Hotel is also available, at Cameron Park---O61.

Just a P.M. away usually :)

It works, too! I called Mike this morning from the UC Davis airport about 0930 and told him I'd be at Cameron in 25 minutes. Twenty five minutes later I was taxiing through the gate and following him to the house for a nice (but too short) visit. Very neat air park!

paul

Yep, he sure did.:D

Paul%2520Dye%2520visit%2520002.JPG

Paul%2520Dye%2520visit%2520004.JPG

This idea, though not new, is excellent. The issue however, is how current is the database? I know that the "builder" database is way out of date also. People move on, quit, life changes, etc.

I do not have any meaningful suggestion about how to keep this database updated but I will volunteer to help if I can be of assistance. I suppose a monthly update would be too frequent and cumbersome. But perhaps a quarterly update?

I know there are several computer genius' here who could probably create an online form that gathers the information. RV hotels could then visit quarterly to make changes or confirm the hotel is still open for business. :confused:

Tony, first check with the person offering hotel services, and if that is no longer available, then post a "need a place to spend the night" thread.

You should get a response or two.

I'm currently in Atlin, BC (CYSQ) building a cabin, and a guest cabinette. Should be available next summer for anyone on the Alaska route.

Greg

Back