What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Suggestion on FBO at Hayward

Darren S

Well Known Member
I'll be flying into Hayward on Oct. 5th. I've never been there before. I'm looking for a place to tiedown for 3 days.

Who has the best fuel price and would be able to give me and my daughter a ride to the Hayward BART?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thx,

Darren

KHWD has only one FBO.
AvGas is very expensive (check Airnav.com) but for that price I think they will let you park for free, and probably give you a ride to/from BART. You may want to call the FBO (see Airnav.com) and confirm the self serve price. Last time I looked you had to have some sort of an account with them to get it?

Check out KLVK. Gas is at least $1/gallon cheaper, but they do charge ($6/night, I think) for transient parking. Depending on what time you are arriving/departing I may be able to give you a lift to BART. Otherwise, there are taxis and a city bus to BART.

Hayward's FBO says free parking with fuel purchase, no minimum. So maybe the best deal is to stop enroute but only an hour or less away, then at Hayward tell them to top it off knowing it won't take more than 10 gallons.

By the way, due to traffic, KLVK is closer to a BART station (in time) than KHWD is.

Thanks for the help Bob. I thought there was more than one FBO at Hayward.

I called them and they agreed to drive me to the Hayward BART stop and come pick me up. Yes, their gas price sucks! I'll take your advice and fill up an hour away and just top up at their location.

Thanks again for the help

Back