What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sub Panel cable holes

johngoodman

Well Known Member
After four years of building, I've never come across anything relating to those oblong holes on the very bottom of the sub panel for the cables. Is there a secret grommet or something to fill the holes, or is it just a "place" for the cables to be routed?
Inquiring minds want to know........
John

Are you talking about the F-1083? Those are lightning holes. If you route something through there, I'd recommend caterpillar grommet to edge the holes.

These holes are what I'm talking about. They are obviously for the control cables, but I've never seen anything in them.

v591y1.jpg

Yeah, we're talking about the same thing. Section 41/41Q, page 10 shows the control cables going below that part. Like I said, shouldn't be a problem to route wiring through there, just edge the holes with caterpillar grommet if you do, or use adel clamps to keep the wiring from rubbing on the edge. Otherwise, they're just lightening holes in a part whose only purpose seems to be a hanger for the control cables.

Back