What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stuck again :)

Darren S

Well Known Member
Gotta love airplane building :)

Anyways, I am plumbing the fuel pump on my -7 for an IO-360. I have the high pressure pump and filter from Van's and an Andair's fuel selector.

It is a knotted mess of tubes where the fuel selector is. Tubes to each wing, a tube to the fuel pump and a tube from the fuel pump out to the engine.

I have the fuel pump tubes bent but getting this assembly to mate with the fuel selector valve is a head scratcher. It looks like I need to do some pretty tight radius bends. I wanted to consult the forum first.

A search of my bookmarked building sites yielded nothing.

What I would like is a picture, if anyone has one, of how they routed the tubes between the selector/fuel pump/wing fuel tubes !!

Thanks,

Darren

Two pics...

I used the pricey banjo fittings from Andair... I also decided to use union fittings on both sides going to the tanks to make it a little easier to route the lines.

2nk1img.jpg

29wlj5i.jpg

Tom
Building RV-7A
San Antonio

Dang David nice work !! Want to come do mine ! I'll fly you up to Canada :)

Now I gotta go order some more tubing. Thanks ALOT for the help. I didn't think to use a 90 degree elbow for the fuel pump output to the engine.

Off to the garage I go..... wish me luck.

Darren

On a separate note. Does anyone use this ''liquid teflon'' between the aluminum tube flange and the fittings ? I have heard of others just tightening down the fittings and not putting anything between the flange face and the seat.

Thanks again to VAF.

Darren

Normally there is nothing needed on the flare. I, personally put just a drop of Locktite on it. If you do use something, use VERY LITTLE.

Back