What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobes N More Pro System 4 install help

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
For those of you who used the Strobes and More Pro System 4, do you have to use the control plug (the yellow, green, blue wires) or can you just run your power and ground from the buss to the power pak and be done with with it? Stated differently, can you just run power and ground to the unit and and permanently select a flash pattern just by which slots you plug your three strobes into?

Also, I'm assuming this power pak will also drive the combo tail/strobe offered by Vans?

Wiring diagram-- http://www.strobesnmore.com/forms/INSTALLSNMPRO606.pdf

Product info-- http://www.strobesnmore.com/strobes-n-39-more-pro-system-4.html

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I wired mine like diagram 2, but didn't hook up the yellow and used a combo breaker/switch to supply power

Last edited:
I wired mine like diagram 2, but didn't hook up the yellow and used a combo breaker/switch to supply power

Thanks Brian. Just a clarificiation: did you not hook up the yellow, blue, and green (that whole plug), or did you just not hook up the yellow?

I think I get it now that I reread the pdf. The yellow wire controls the flash pattern, but you don't necessarily need a pattern switch to select a flash pattern. That said, Brian, did you just get an acceptable default pattern based on where you plugged in each strobe?

Also, are you (or anyone) using Van's combo strobe/position with this?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I used the plugs, but just put a piece of tape over the yellow wire.

I tested the flash pattern while on the bench and momentarily touched the yellow wire to the red lead to select the pattern.

I'm using a Kuntzelman combo tail/strobe.

What nav lights

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I am trying to make my lighting decision now. For you guys going with Strobes n More strobes, what wing tip nav lights are you using?
Thanks
Alan Jackson
Hartselle, Al

I'm using CreativeAir nav lights.

RV-7build1107.jpg

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I am trying to make my lighting decision now. For you guys going with Strobes n More strobes, what wing tip nav lights are you using?
Thanks
Alan Jackson
Hartselle, Al

Homebuilt!

10zzl8z.jpg

To rephrase an earlier question...

So if I don't have any head or pattern switching going on, do I just connect the blue and green wires to the main power (red) line at the power supply, or can I leave them all (blue, yellow, and green) unconnected?

Thanks.

I hooked mine up(yes to the red), the way I read the instructions: if you don't connect the wires they won't flash.

except the yellow doesn't need to connect.

Leave the Yellow disconnected after you set the pattern you want and connect the Green and Blue to the power line to enable all the channels.

That is how mine is done and it works great.

Where did you guys finally locate you strobe power supply? Thanks, Fred
Lots of threads about where people have put their power supplies. Just do a search and you will find a ton.

FWIW, I put mine under the baggage floor, as far forward as possible. Where you put yours should probably depend where you want the weight to be for w&b purposes, as the supplies are pretty heavy.

Thanks! I am building an -8 with the aft battery (PC-680) and don't want to put it in the back. Maybe forward of the rear spar under the floor or on the fwd side of the gear tower LH side. thanks again, Fred

Back