What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobe

carl nank

Well Known Member
This may be a silly question.

I have the Whelan one power supply for all three locations. I have the PS in the fuselage aft of the baggage compartment.

The documentation does not say where to run the gound wire. I called them and they said to put it at the main ground where the MFGR says it is to go. Since this is an experimental, nothing says where to install the ground.

I figure it can be grounded to the PS mounting bracket. I am looking to find out if I can do that or do I have to run it all the way back to the sub panel ground?

This ...I figure it can be grounded to the PS mounting bracket. I am looking to find out if I can do that or do I have to run it all the way back to the sub panel ground?

ground locally...

What Radomir said!

If you run a ground wire up to your sub panel all it does is make a very nice antenna and you will hear it.

Also ground the shielding at the same spot, do not ground the shielding out on the wing tips. This is for the same reason as above.

If you put a plug at the wing root, as I did, continue the shield ground to the power supply.

Thanks

I have already grounded the shield at the PS. I figured the ground should be at the PS but, good to hear from others.

I didn't think about the ground acting as an antenna. I love it when I learn new things.

Back