What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobe connector part number?

Hi Vic,

You just about had me with your quick response as I've searched the forums, Google, DigiKey, etc w/o any luck. But those seem to be Whelen's P/N's for the Molex connectors.

Thanks,

I have also looked unsuccessfully for these parts from Mouser, Digikey, Newark, etc. Agree that the part numbers given in this thread are Whelen / spruce's "aviation" part numbers, which are probably 5X more $$ than what you would expect to pay for a similar Molex part.

An electrical tech I work with who does lots of crimping on all kinds of connectors over 25 years said he had never seen a crimp pin like these, they have only one "tab" to retain the pin in the connector body. Most have 2 tabs (one on each side). Makes me wonder if they are truly Molex?

Maybe these are made specific for Whelen so they can jack the price way up?

Found 'em! Well....kinda....

No, I didn't find the actual Molex P/N. I tried going to molex.com and entering M441 and M442 - no joy. Places like stobesnmore.com have them for 1.50/ea - 1.75/ea but then want $10+ to to ship. There's just something funny about that kinda math.

Anyway, I was able to source them locally for $1.50/ea across the street from work at GT Distributors. If you don't know who GT Distributors is, they are the law enforcement officer's showroom and "toy" store. Who knew they had an aviation isle!?

Thanks for the help,

AMP Mate-n-Lok

The instructions with my Whelen strobe kit state:
(Housings)
AMP 1-480305-0 Mate-n-Lok Cap
AMP 1-480303-0 Mate-n-Lok Housing
(Pins)
AMP 60619-4 Mate-n-Lok Socket
AMP 60620-4 Mate-n-Lok Pin

If you input the socket and pin numbers on the AMP website it will lead you to the crimping tools required.

Thank you, Terry!

I've definitely put those part numbers in my personal notes. As a side note, Digikey has them in stock, too.

Back