What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Storing completed parts

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
As hot and humid as it is here in South Texas I was a little concerned about how to store my completed empenage. Right now I put it in a garage loft and layed it on an old bed sheet. Any ideas on the best way to store finished parts in a hot humid environment.

Thx.

Storing parts

Mark,
I'll advise storing them high and dry, and make sure they are primed. Even if you are going to polish your plane, I would prime the sheetgoods with a coat of veriprime. It is very easy to remove when painting time comes. Don't make the mistake of wrapping them in plastic like I did!!

Regards,
Chris

store them in your house under your bed...anywhere but outside in the humidity. I live in Charleston, SC where you need scuba gear to go outside due to the humidity.

store them in your house under your bed...anywhere but outside in the humidity. I live in Charleston, SC where you need scuba gear to go outside due to the humidity.

That's funny Don. Thanks for the tips gents....:D

Don is not kidding about that, I was there last august for a few days and the sky was clear but the humdidity was so high it rained 3 times one day.

Back