What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stirring the pot!

ok3

Well guys, on 21-06, 21-07 the F-1237E seatback hinge, for the right seat, if built as illustrated will not center the right seatback between the seatbelts or on the right stick! Joe at Van's thought that was probably what the engineers wanted!! Hm Hm ( I'll be surprise if that's what they intended.) If it is not correct, there are other drawings that need attention. - Norm Taylor
http://picasaweb.google.com/nctaylor1/RV12#

Other Hinge Issues

Not to pile on, but when you get to the upper forward firewall hinge, you CAN'T make it look like the picture ( the 26" one ). The hinge instructions thoughout the fuse kit need time to think thru, at the least. My seats look like they are in the correct place when finished, by the upper outside clearance with the roll bar. That is how I judged them anyway.

John Bender
Iowa

Norm,

Nice pictures. I have my first kit (the tail) coming next week. can't wait to get started. Looks like we are going to have several Florida based Rv-12's

Bob

Thanks! By the way, if you didn't already know, Van's site has some updated manual sheets in the RV-12 section. - Norm

Back