What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stick travel w/aileron movement

db8

Well Known Member
Am figuring out the stick/seat/panel interface thing. Still have the emp on, but don't know how much the stick will move with the ailerons on. Can someone please tell me how far left and right from the center of the panel your stick moves with full scale aileron deflection till the aileron stops come into play? I have tried to measure the movement of the bellcrank , then apply that to the stick movement, etc, but I think the best way is to get this info is from an existing airplane. That would really help me out because my seat is larger than normal and I am having interference issues -- especially the furter away I get from the center position. I plan on having the stick come very close to the bottom of the panel (Infinity grip). So the best way is to move the stick full left while it is right under the lip of the panel, go vertical and measure the distance from the center position on the panel, plus the same on the right. I'm just looking for a ball park. Thanks in advance. Dave

I have 9 1/2 " left and right. That is with no stick grip.
Sorry, my panel is on the bench so I don't have a vertical measurement.

Randy Hooper

Thank- but need more info.

Jon, I saw that write up and it was excellent (#5). The answer I need is how far left and right the stick will go from center line. I need this because I have made my seat cushion longer (to support my longer legs) and the further I go away from center, the more the stick will interfere with the seat cushion. So I need to figure out the bend in the stick based on this. I already know the max height from the mandrel to the top of the stick is 10 1/2 inches. Can anybody out there give me this number please. I am getting the stick bent Friday afternoon, but need to know this before then to make the final "pattern." Thanks. Dave

Stick bending

Does anybody know who is bending sticks? My original was done years ago and I'm installing an infinity grip requiring a new stick. Mine is cut too short.

Back