What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick to Seat Cushion Interference

jsharkey

Well Known Member
I fitted aileron stops and made sure that there was no structural interference, seat pans etc, to impede full motion of the control stick. However when I install the seat cushions and stick boots from Classic Aero I struggle to get the stick to the aileron stops.

Does anyone else experience this?

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - Registration/Certification

Yes, mine does too....

....but my muscles are stronger than Luke's cushions:D....not really a problem because you'll hardly ever use that much aileron....even doing rolls.

Regards,

....but my muscles are stronger than Luke's cushions:D....not really a problem because you'll hardly ever use that much aileron....even doing rolls.

Same here, and no problem either. But I initially wondered the same thing too.

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Same here...

I do need to push into the cushions a bit when "wiping out" the cockpit during the runup checks (and like Larry said, wondered about it at first). But it's never been an issue in flight, even with rapid rolls. Concur with Pierre, just never has been an issue, really not even close. Now there have been a couple legs in the way a time or two :), but still no factor in controllability.

Cheers,
Bob

Yep.....

....my wife's a runner/power walker and her thighs almost touch both sides of the stick (muscular) and on cross-countries if she sneezes we do a dutch roll:D

More of an issue,

Back