What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick switch - Preferences

jimevison

I have a Tosten 6 grip and am wondering how people dedicate their switches. I recently changed my plans to install electric aileron trim, and installed manual instead. This leaves me with two unused positions on the Hat Switch. I don't want to operate flaps from the stick. Aside from standby frequency flip for Com 1, what other useful functions are there? In my panel, I have Skyview, GNS430, A210 and PMA5000EX Audio. The two trigger switches are wired for PTT and A/P disconnect.

Starter?

You mentioned that you have two positions left on the coolie hat -- are you not using your pitch trim on that switch?

One possibility is using a couple of switches for engine start. I have two switches on my stick grip that must be held down together to engage the starter, which works great. I have control of the stick and my other hand on the throttle. It's better than trying to hold the stick back with my knees. By having to hold down the pinkie switch AND engage the starter with another switch, it can't be accidentally engaged in flight.

I also have a push button on the panel that says START but, until just a few days ago, I had never used it. I finally did, just to see if it worked. It did. :D

Coolie Hat

I have manual trim so dedicated my coolie hat to:

UP: Flip-flop COM 1 Freq
DN: Flip-flop COM 2 Freq
LEFT: Swap COM1 and COM2
RIGHT: Ident

Don

Stick Switch positions

You mentioned that you have two positions left on the coolie hat -- are you not using your pitch trim on that switch?
:D

Forward and back locations on the Hat are wired for Pitch trim, Left and Right on the Hat are unassigned. Since they can't be used simultaneously, the Start function is not a possibility.

Tosten drip w/2 switches; manual trim

I have manual trim so no coolie hat. My left top switch is A/P disconnect; the right is SL30 flip-flop

How I did it.

Coolie hat is pitch and rudder trim.

Big trigger is PTT

Little button below trigger is A/P magic stuff

Button left of coolie is Ident.

Button right of coolie is SL 30 freq flipflop.

Back