What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stick positon vs bell crank position

andrew phillips

Well Known Member
I can't seem to find this answer in the plans. I assume that when the bellcrank, for the elevators, behind the baggage compartment, is vertical (neutral position) then the control stick should also be vertical?

andrew phillips said:
I can't seem to find this answer in the plans. I assume that when the bellcrank, for the elevators, behind the baggage compartment, is vertical (neutral position) then the control stick should also be vertical?
I would say, place it in a position where it falls comfortably to hand, and doesn't hit your gut or the panel at full deflection in either direction. Mine is just slightly forward of vertical when the bellcrank is neutral, I think. Of course it helps to have your seat cushions at this point.

Ain't experimentals grand? It's your airplane, you get to build it to fit you! :)

mcb

Last edited:
I have short legs and a fat gut. Read minimum stick clearance. I adjusted my stick as far forward as possible with full down elevator. Adjust yours where it is most comfortable. Just make sure you have full travel in all directions.

Back